Lord Mayor announces new Civic Cabinet responsibilities
Posted on Tuesday, 8 May, 2012
Following the recent Council election, Lord Mayor Graham Quirk has announced the members of his new Civic Cabinet.
The seven-strong team of councillors include two new members to Cabinet – former Council Chairman Krista Adams (Wishart Ward) and Councillor Matthew Bourke (Jamboree Ward) – as well as a reshuffling of some portfolios.
The 18 Administration councillors unanimously re-elected Councillor Adrian Schrinner (Chandler Ward) as Deputy Mayor.
Cr Quirk has appointed Cr Schrinner as Infrastructure Chairman and appointed Cr Julian Simmonds to Finance Chairman.
Cr Margaret de Wit is the new Chairman of Council, returning to the position she held from 2008-2011. Cr Geraldine Knapp stood down from Civic Cabinet.
“I have a great team of councillors who are willing to work with me to deliver for the people of Brisbane,” Cr Quirk said.
“This is a united team that’s committed to getting things done to help Brisbane grow and be the best it can and it’s also a team that I am proud of.
Civic Cabinet positions are as follows:
- Adrian Schrinner (Deputy Mayor and Infrastructure);
- Julian Simmonds (Finance and Economic Development);
- Amanda Cooper (Neighbourhood Planning and Development Assessment);
- Peter Matic (Public and Active Transport);
- Krista Adams (Lifestyle Division);
- Matthew Bourke (Environment, Parks and Sustainability); and
- David McLachlan (Field Services).